LAHORE – Naseem Shah and Iftikhar Ahmad have been the 2 new faces within the 18-player males’s central contract listing for the 2020-21 season, which can come into impact from 1 July, mentioned the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).
The board additionally confirmed Azhar Ali as Take a look at and Babar Azam as ODI and T20I captains for the interval throughout which Pakistan is scheduled to play 9 Checks, six ODIs and 20 T20Is, in addition to the Asia Cup and the ICC Males’s T20 World Cup 2020.
Quick pacers Muhammad Amir and Wahab Riaz weren’t named within the central contract for the upcoming yr, whereas Sarfraz Ahmad and Yasir Shah have been demoted to Class B from A.
PCB Males’s Central Contract Record for 2020-21:
1. Azhar Ali (Central Punjab)
2. Babar Azam (Central Punjab/Karachi Kings)
3. Shaheen Shah Afridi (Northern/Lahore Qalandars).
1. Abid Ali (Sindh/Lahore Qalandars)
2. Asad Shafiq (Sindh/Multan Sultans)
3. Haris Sohail (Balochistan)
4. Mohammad Abbas (Southern Punjab)
5. Mohammad Rizwan (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa/Karachi Kings)
6. Sarfaraz Ahmed (Sindh/Quetta Gladiators)
7. Shadab Khan (Northern/Islamabad United)
8. Shan Masood (Southern Punjab/Multan Sultans)
9. Yasir Shah (Balochistan/Peshawar Zalmi).
1. Fakhar Zaman (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa/Lahore Qalandars)
2. Iftikhar Ahmed (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa/Karachi Kings)
3. Imad Wasim (Northern/Karachi Kings)
4. Imam-ul-Haq (Balochistan/Peshawar Zalmi)
5. Naseem Shah (Central Punjab/Quetta Gladiators)
6. Usman Shinwari (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa/Lahore Qalandars)
Rising Gamers’ Class
1. Haider Ali (Northern/Peshawar Zalmi)
2. Haris Rauf (Northern/Lahore Qalandars)
3. Mohammad Hasnain (Sindh/Quetta Gladiators)
Naseem Shah grew to become the youngest Take a look at bowler in historical past to take a fifer and a hat-trick in consecutive Checks in opposition to Sri Lanka and Bangladesh in Karachi and Rawalpindi, respectively. Iftikhar, who had the perfect common and strike fee in T20Is amongst the Pakistan batsmen, performed two Checks, two ODIs and 7 T20Is within the 2019-20 season.
Naseem’s bowling associate Shaheen Shah Afridi, who took probably the most Take a look at wickets for Pakistan within the 2019-20 season, is among the 4 gamers to get promotions.
Shaheen, following his 18 Take a look at and two T20I wickets, has moved up in Class A, whereas Abid Ali (174 runs in three Checks and 74 runs in an ODI), Mohammad Rizwan (212 runs and 16 dismissals in 5 Checks, 50 runs and two dismissals in 5 T20Is) and Shan Masood (396 runs in 5 Checks) have been awarded Class B.
Moreover, and as a part of its dedication and technique to reward high-performing younger cricketers, the PCB has created a brand new Rising Gamers’ Class, and the preliminary inductees are Haider Ali and quick bowlers Haris Rauf and Mohammad Hasnain.
Haider was a standout batsman for the Pakistan Rising and U19 sides, whereas Haris and Hasnain confirmed their talent, prowess and utility in restricted overs cricket.
Along with the three and to additional recognise gamers who’ve carried out excellently within the 2019-20 season and/or are in and across the Pakistan males’s nationwide staff, the PCB are within the course of of making enhanced home contracts for the 2020-21 season in order that they remained valued and motivated.
Hasan Ali, Mohammad Amir and Wahab Riaz have missed out on central contracts however will stay in rivalry for choice in what can be a busier cricket season as in comparison with the one which has simply concluded, whereas Imam-ul-Haq, Sarfaraz Ahmed and Yasir Shah have slipped one class every.