Home » Sports » ICC pronounces shortlists for August Participant of the Month awards

ICC pronounces shortlists for August Participant of the Month awards

by Pakistan Latest News Update

Two Pakistan cricketers have been nominated for the ICC Participant of the Month for August on Thursday.

The duo consists of Pakistan’s star batter Babar Azam and all-rounder Shadab Khan. They’re joined by West Indies’ Nicholas Pooran.
Azam is aiming to grow to be the primary males’s cricketer to win three ICC Males’s Participant of the Month Awards after notching up 53 and 60 throughout a 3-Zero ODI collection victory over Afghanistan and a mammoth 151 towards Nepal within the Asia Cup opener final month.
Shadab is nominated for the primary time within the Participant of the Month awards after impressing with bat and ball in August towards Afghanistan and Nepal.
The leg-spinner claimed only one wicket within the first two matches towards Afghanistan however he took three for 42 to safe the whitewash. He additionally bowled an excellent spell of 4 for 27 within the win towards Nepal.
With 176 runs in 5 T20I outings towards India which led to an necessary 3-2 collection victory, Pooran can be within the working for the award.
Pooran was named Participant of the Sequence and can be the primary nomination for the Islanders within the Males’s Participant of the Month awards since Gudakesh Motie was shortlisted in February 2023.
The shortlist for the ICC Ladies’s Participant of the Month Award consists of three first-time nominees within the form of Ainna Hamizah Hashim from Malaysia, Arlene Kelly from Eire and Iris Zwilling from the Netherlands.
In response to the ICC, the three nominees for both class are shortlisted based mostly on performances from the primary to the final day of every calendar month. The shortlist is then voted on by the unbiased ICC Voting Academy and followers around the globe. The ICC Voting Academy includes outstanding members of the cricket fraternity together with well-known journalists, former gamers, broadcasters and members of the ICC Corridor of Fame.
The Voting Academy submit their votes by electronic mail and maintain a 90 per cent share of the vote. Followers registered with the ICC can vote by way of the ICC web site, accounting for the remaining 10 per cent. Winners are introduced each second Monday of the month on ICC’s digital channels.

Source link

You may also like

Leave a Comment